What is PTK?
Phi Theta Kappa Honors Society is the international honor society of two-year colleges and academic programs. It also includes Associate's degree-granting programs offered by four-year colleges. Its headquarters is in Jackson, Mississippi and has more than 2 million members and counting, with more than 1,285 chapters.
Membership in Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society guarantees you access to benefits that will recognize your outstanding academic accomplishments and provide you with the competitive edge that helps ensure future success. These benefits are unmatched by any other collegiate honor society.
To be eligible for membership a student must have completed at least 12 hours of associate degree course work with a cumulative 3.5 GPA.
Membership recognizes your academic success
- Phi Theta Kappa Golden Key Membership Pin
- Phi Theta Kappa Membership Certificate and ID Card
- Recognition during college induction ceremony
- Official seal of Phi Theta Kappa placed on your college diploma*
- Notation of membership on your college transcript*
- Recognition by wearing Phi Theta Kappa commencement regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies*
- Press release announcing your academic achievement
Membership empowers you with a competitive edge
- $37 million in scholarship opportunities for members only
- FREE enrollment in CollegeFish.org, a transfer and college completion planning tool.
- Opportunity to be published in Phi Theta Kappa's anthology, Nota Bene.
- Opportunities to develop research and servant leadership skills by participating in Honors in Action programming in local chapters.
- Opportunity to become part of a network of nearly 3 million fellow scholars and servant leaders on more than 1,285 campuses worldwide.
- Personalized letters of recommendation for scholarships and employment
- Special benefits, financial offers, and member discount offers from Phi Theta Kappa Corporate Partners such as GEICO and Bank of America.
More Questions? Visit PTK's FAQ page, here.